ARDEX DRS 10/18 GC
Prefabricated Drainage Composite
ARDEX DRS 10/18 GC is a dimpled plastic sheet that provides effective drainage and waterproof membrane protection on foundation walls and other underground structures. The integrated non-woven geotextile covering the dimples prevents soil particles blocking the drainage sheet, creates an air gap for reliable ventilation and allows inflow and with its dimple structure effectively captures and transports high water volumes and resists high loads from earth and formwork.
• 10mm (Single Cuspated ARDEX DRS 10 GC)
• 20mm (Double Cuspated ARDEX DRS 18 GC)
ARDEX DRS 10/18 GC performs a multi-faceted role by providing protection for waterproofing systems and managing sub-surface water around building foundations. Soil backfill is retained by a filter fabric while allowing water to pass into the drainage core providing hydrostatic relief. Collected water is then conveyed to a proper collection system.
• Installed either vertically or horizontally
• Held in place by either taping, nailing, gluing or simply overhanging over the wall while backfilling takes place
• Installed with the geotextile facing the backfill
• Joined by simply butting edge to edge and overlapping the geotextile overhang and securing with reinforced canvas tape. Alternatively overlap the cuspate core by 50mm and secure geotextile as previous
• Backfill with free draining fill taking care not to disturb or damage the ARDEX DRS 10/18 GC.
ARDEX DRS 10/18 GC each consists of an impermeable polymeric sheet cuspated under heat and pressure to form a high flow dimpled drainage core. Cuspation/dimples can be on one side giving a flat surface on the opposite side (ARDEX DRS 10 GC) or cuspated/dimpled on both sides (ARDEX DRS 18 GC). The core is then bonded to a layer of non woven filter fabric. The filter fabric retains soil or sand particles as well as freshly placed concrete or grout, allowing filtered water to pass into the drainage core.
The double cuspated (ARDEX DRS 18 GC) provides an additional void space between the wall/wall membrane and Drainage Composite for air and water to circulate. In addition it maintains a very high flow rate while providing a higher compressive strength for greater depths.
- Roll size:
- 12.5 x 1.22m (ARDEX DRS 10 GC)
- 25 x 1.10m (ARDEX DRS 18 GC)
- Roll weight:
- 18kg (ARDEX DRS 10 GC)
- 26kg (ARDEX DRS 18 GC)